I’ve been meaning to write this post for a good while now because this is the time of the year when I feel my skin is suffering the most from dryness, dullness and irritations due to all those “goodies” I’ve treated myself to during the holidays but also the crisp and often windy transitional weather…
So, if for whatever reason you suffer from lack-lustre skin as well, stay with me until the end of this post for some suggestions to repair that.
You might know by now that I’m all about that natural, glowing, healthy looking skin and the key to achieve that “canvas” is a good skincare routine. A good cleanser to get rid of all the impurities with an amazing toner over that, and THE moisturiser! You can never have enough of that during this time of the year!…
My favourites at the moment:
– Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm Anti-Ageing doubled by a gentle exfoliator like this one also from Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator ( both recently reviewed here )
– Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Face Mist
– Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ( already reviewed here )
– Balance Me Eye Cream
– First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Skincare done, the most obvious for a healthy, glowing-looking skin is a simple yet effective makeup…
– to apply the Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm Anti-Ageing which has the correcting properties of a makeup product and doubles as a moisturizer as well ( what did I told you? Moisturiser is never enough this time of the year!!! ). I already spoke about this one in this post here. Before falling in love with this, I used almost every day even on my days when I didn’t put actual makeup on, my Omorovicza Complexion Corrector SPF20, previously reviewed here
– then to use a lightweight foundation, like the new release from Dior, the Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation; full review here
– then I go nuts with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette ( review here ) and, because that’s not enough glow for my liking I add a bit more with this amazing Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette ( review on that here )
– I might as well skip blush, but ever since I got this amazing Guerlain Météorites Pressed Powder in #4 Doré, there’s nothing else on mt cheeks but this one. I know what you’re going to say… “Hey Annie, that’s a highlighting powder as well! And it’s not the right shade for you!” Really?! Who said that you’re only meant to use a product only for what it says on the pan?! I especially bought it in the darkest colour to use it as a blusher/light bronzer and I’m so happy with my choice! I have a review on this
coming soon. here.
– to keep my eyes simple with simple eyeshadow like the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in #22 Pale Barley, I have this one in the old formula and it’s still a favourite or the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Alhambra ( review here )
– the lips sheer as well with an easy going shade like one of my sheer shades – my Tom Ford Lip Colour Shine in #05 Bare or simply a lip balm like the Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm or my beloved By Terry Baume de Rose ( both previously reviewed here ).
The result is a fresh, healthy look easy to achieve and to be transformed from a day to night simply by adding a black eyeliner or by smoking the eye a bit and changing the lip colour with a more daring one like some of my favourite reds ( here and here… and here… and here… ) or a good nude ( review here ) or even a bold dark lip ( here ) if you feel like.
What do you do to refresh your makeup? How do you get ready for the warmer months?
See you soon, Beautiful!
To hear it first, make sure you follow me on
Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin’